Thursday, October 27, 2016

Shedding Natural Hair


So we think that because our hair is natural, we  avoid having shed hair, but is that always the case? I'm finding not. I co-washed my hair last night and I was not alarmed by the big ball of hair you see pictured below.

Why, you ask?


Well, I had worn my hair in this updo for approximately 2-3 weeks.


This pic was taken the day before I took it out. It was time to take it out, trust me; so I did, but with my hair being in that style for so long surely there would be hair loss from shedding. But even as I twisted it before bedtime (approx 8-10 twists), I had even more shedding (not a whole lot, but still full strands of hair) and I only used the finger de-tangling method.

The strands were full strands - so there weren't pieces breaking off in my hand, but strands of hair from the root. I am not certain if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but I was instantly reminded of some myths I have heard about hair shedding.



Now it is time for me to do more research to determine if any of these myths are facts. Share your myths to help my search and I'll be sure to post my findings in a future post.

MuAh & CiAo! Follow me +Lofanaturalista on Google Plus and @lofanaturalista on IG

No comments:

Post a Comment