Monday, July 02, 2012

Hair Essentials - Treating Split Ends

Because it's summer, I've been trying my hardest to take care of split ends. My hair is soooo needy that having 1 or 2 bad hair days lead to dry brittle hair followed by splitting. I'm realizing that though my hair grows at a decent pace, I find myself cutting my hair alot because of split ends. I cut split end off in June and I'm still cutting when I see them. I'm not cutting my hair these past couple weeks as I have been in previous months, but I'd much rather handle the problem and deal with it now, find the best way toa void split ends and go from there. Currently, the only heeat I use in my hair is when I blow dry my hair, which is only when I wash it and that's once every 7-10 days. It could be longer if I have a protective style in and I want the style to last. I'm finding that I sometimes cannot use moisturizers that are only water based, but also need to use oils to lock in moisture because water dries out my hair which elads to breaking. Oh the science of it all!

Anyhoo, I found this website, or rather my friend suggested this website amongst many and the article was a good read with great ideas that I plan to try this week. Pics to come of course. If you guys have any other ideas on how totreat split e nds let me know. I also have a previous post about how split ends are caused...only thing is that water based products dried my hair out more and leaves it brittle since there is nothing to lock the moisture in. Story of my life. I can't do a rod set on wet hair because my ends become brittle and do not even curl. That's why I blow my hair out first, THEN i do the roller set (even if I may do the roller set a couple days later.)

***random note, my hair grows better when I keep it presssed, but I don't have money for that, so there needs to be an alternative. ***

Here's the website and a few others: http://www.livestrong.com/article/23226-natural-split-end-hair-treatments/


I'm still going through them all. there is information out there. We just need to find it, and then try regimens out to see what works best for our hair. Hope you find something. I'd keep you guys posted on what works for me. Until then, live on purpose! MuAh & CiAo!

No comments:

Post a Comment