Friday, August 17, 2012

Hair Essentials - Natural Hair Care

I washed my hair last night finally, BUT I decided I was going to do a treatment for my scalp and then one to condition my hair. All was going well until I decided to add Avocado to my mixture for my conditioning treatment. It was one of the only things that i did differently. I decided to use the Castille Soap to wash my hair instead of using the AphoGee wash since I learned from the last time that the AphoGee left my hair feeling like steel rubbing against each other. My hair still felt nicely conditioned after I did the cowash with my Az I Am cowash cleanser. THEN, I put my hoemmade conditioner concoction in with added Avocado. My hair wasn't completely awful but it felt a bit brittle...so I tried to condition it to remedy that, but it didn't help, so i figured, okay, well after I blow dry it and add moisturizer and oil it would bounce back to life. It left my hair feeling, Oh So Wack. Not terrible, but not as awesome as it felt when I did the conditioning treatment the first time and not as bad as it is after I only use the AphoGee.

So, my plan to handle this is to rewash my hair using The Jane Carter Solutions. I will keep you updated as I go. The products I will be using are the  moisture nourishing shampoo and the nutrient replenishing conditioner. Let's see how it feels after that....update to come, so go NO WHERE!

Random aside: my skin felt AWESOME though. So there was a plus side to this. Matter of fact, I didn't even lotion my skin this am. Ha, I didn't even think about that, but that avocado thing is obviously better for my skin than my hair.

Well, I'll update you soon! MuAh & CiAo for now. :-)

Update 1: So, I went to wet my hair and it seemed as though my hair just needed som moisture! ha, the the conditioner didn't have immediate effects, plus, i dried it with my blow dryer, so that cld have added to it. The wash clearly must not have been that bad if sinmply putting some water on my hair and using the comb to come thru worked well. Now to put in bit twists and cover with my beanie! So excited. Here's my FRO:


When I finished I thought to myself, oh this is Gorg! So prior to wetting my hair I put it in two random braids on top to protect my hair and had the back out because i hadn't braided it yet. So when I did the FRO, someone saw me and said, don't think I didn't see you with those braids before! lol. Odd how I feel uncomfortable rocking my natural fro just the way it is. It actually looks pretty decent too for not doing anything to it but putting a little water on it. Anyhoo, let me secure these ends because I wanna rock a textured fro of some sort tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. Did a cowash last night. I used the As I Am cowash , then followed up with One n Only's Curl Cream. My hair feels wonderful. My hair has been so thirsty lately. It's not making my transition fun...at all! The cowash has revitalized my hair. I have yet to use it after a protein treatment.

    If yo can think of a daily remedy for my dry hair, please let me know. Great post love! :)

    ReplyDelete