Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hair Essentials - Hair length Check

SIGH, now that Hurricane/Storm Sandy  aka Frankenstorm is gone, I can come out and take my hair outta rollers. If it were up to me, I'd keep my ends nice and neatly tucked away in my rollers to preserve the care of my ends.

So, update. I washed my hair, blow it out, braided it into about 6 plaits, came home, pressed it out old-school style with a hot comb on a gas stove, with my white towel....THEN I went to Hair Cuttery to get a nice trim and then got it curled with a flat iron....Came home, and pinned curled it and tucked my hair away nicely until Sabbath morning. I had to recurl a few because my pinned curls got shifted and created a couple little creases, nothing I cldn't flat iron out and rocked it. Here's a pic after I went through it with a hot comb and then the pic right after I left Hair Cuttery.

I'm awful at taking pics of myself, wish I had a pic of it with my camera right out the chair. Talk about Boun-caaaay. But anyway, if my hair is pressed well, it stays pressed for awhile if I do little to no exercising.

Speaking of which, the roots in the back and around the hairline got sweated out from doing P90x. I'm blaming it all on my bf! He put me up to it. It's his fault that I have to go and put heat on my hair again in the near future, but i'm thinking, i'm going to exercise again before I do so.

Oh and to keep the curls, I just put in a few curling rods and use a small amount of jojobal oil to add luster and shine to my tresses. :-)

Let me see if i can find an old pic for comparison....hmmm....this is an old enough pic, taken in March.




And you know what, I don't like wearing my hair bone straight. I like flips and a little curl, so Saturday, I thought the hair was bouncy and fresh. I love my pressed hair, mainly because I don't hv to put too much heat to maintain it and it can last WITHOUT causing heat damage to my hair. I'm going back to twists after I take this out and then I may press again because I have a few events to go too and I don't like wearing my natural hair out in the dry winter, especially since it's harder to protect before going to bed. Well, that is all for now. MuAh & CiAo!!!!! :-)
Anyhoo, bye for real! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment