Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hair Essentials - Am I a Wen Girl?

Well, I researched and checked this product out after I realized that my mother was using me as her personal guinea pig. Her excuse, well our hair is similar and instead of us both trying out this new products, you're into hair. You should try it and let me know how it goes.... (as if my method wasn't working already) But because she pushed me I figured the least I could do is give it a try. So here I am with 90 days worth of Wen products. I'm trying my hardest to not use any additional product just to see what the results will yield. I love the fact that the "shampoo" is actually a conditioning cleanser. That's kinda dope.

This set came with two bottles of conditioning cleanser, a replenishing moisturizing mist, a styling lotion (which feels like a mixture between leave-in conditioner and moisturizer), the hair balm (i don't quite know why I'd use that seeing that I usually comb my hair for the week and forget about it) and then the hair moisturizing treatment thing. I haven't even opened that up yet. I imagine that the treatment product isn't used after every wash so I decided to go every other starting next week.

So far so good. No issues. I must admit I did use my grease. I felt like the products didn't have enough oils to "seal" the moisture in my hair. I didn't use the oil as I typically would. My twists still feels healthy and semi-bouncy, but I have felt my hair better. It definitely felt great during and after the wash. It didn't do much for my flakes (which tends to accumulate from product build up on my scalp and I had gone over 2 wks without washing my hair, which is really long for me and I didn't do a scalp cleansing treatment since I'm only trying to use the Wen products)

But overall, I'm happy with the results. I can't wait to use the treatment moisturizing product to see how that feels. During the "cleansing conditioning" portion of my hair care regimen, my hair felt nice and healthy. I washed it after it being pressed (Oh! Speaking of which I have to go back and attach pics. I'm def slacking in the picture dept lately) Now that I'm doing the bounce check, some of my twist are bouncier than others. I always feel that the bouncier the twist, the healthier that portion of hair is. I can explain how to check hair for bounciness later if you don't already know how. This post is long enough. I won't recommend the product until after I have tried it for at least 5wks straight.

This is Day 2 and counting. :-) Let's see what happens in 5 wks! Stay with me. This is for you, mom. I hope you're reading this blog too! lol. Live on purpose. MuAh & CiAo!

No comments:

Post a Comment