Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Hair Essentials - Flat twist Updo Styling(Natural Hair Protective Styling)

FLAT TWIST UPDO STYLING

Prep Time: 1 minute
Styling Time: 30-50mins (depending on your skill level) took me about 30 mins while watching tv

Step 1: Start with pressed hair, preferrably an old press.


Step 2: Detangle Hair and gather items for styling

Items needed for styling:  black small rubber bands, moisturizer of your choice, oil of your choice as a sealant, comb and brush, and small mirror to see different angles of hair.
For the oil I used jamaican castor oil, as my moisturizer I used the JC Solutions Moisturizer

Step 3 : Part hair into 3 sections from the front of the hair line to the back of the neckline. Be sure to part from the hairline that lines up with the furthest corner of your eyes. Secure each section.

Step 4: Make a part coming down the side of the first section. About an inch in thickness, prob a little less and part it from the middle center part towards your ear as shown in the pic.


Step 5: Repeat until you have finished both sides of your hair


Step 6: To create a faux mohawk style, feel free to add flat twists in the back that measures up to the last 2-3 flat twists on both sides of the head. Make it even on both sides by creating the part first in the back and then flat twist the sections about an inch in thickness as was done with the sides.

Step 7: Put the remaining hair in an updo of your choice and or roller set the middle and put in rods or chinese bumps

I wore my hair like this for a couple days (by the way, I used one long hair pin clip to pin my hair as shown in the pic) I then took down the updo, and here's a pic of the roller set. (I used JC Solutions and JCO aka Jamaican Castor Oil in hair) for the set.

The pic isn't the best pic ever, but I forgot to take pics of myself when I had this style. This year, I'm going to do better with taking pics of styles so you can see how things look. :-)
Live on Purpose in 2013. MuAh & CiAo!

2 comments:

  1. Nice post about Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I use regular castor oil, but I've always heard that Jamaican black castor oil is better. I so much like your different types of hair style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hun! JBC oil is the best oil I use for my hair as a sealant. I've never tried regular castor oil without it being an ingredient in other products I've used. Def try it when you can. You can purchase online or in a beauty supply store.

      Delete