Monday, August 05, 2013

Hair Essentials - Best Natural Hair Products

According to me, what works for my hair and what works for my client's hair and my friends, I have deemed the Jane Carter Solutions products to work awesomely, especially the product pictured here. The Shea Moisture line has some great finds. I have not tried all of their products, but their Curl Enhancing Smoothie is a great purchase AND it's cheaper than the moisturizer for JCS. Shea Moisture I got for around $12 while the JCS moisturizer was about $22.  Say what!? Cheaper product that works the same, I'm so there! I recommend both products for persons who have low-normal porosity hair. My hair type is 3b/3c/4a. Yes, I have combo type hair. Judge me not, at any rate, these products work well for the porosity level of my hair, which is what you should focus on when picking moisturizing products. Leave-in works for some, but it dries my hair out.

Here they are pictured.

Best Moisturizers



The process for styling my hair in a simple twists:

1. To wash my hair, condition and comb out hair with condition in it.
2.  I sectioned hair into 8 sections and rinsed out conditioner maintaining the 8 big twists.
3. Then, I moisturized each section with the curl enhancing smoothie and re-twisted each section.
4. Next, I put coconut oil and a quarter size amount of JCO (Jamaican Castor Oil) in each section focusing on the ends one section at a time and then put that section in smaller twists.
5. I repeated steps 3 & 4 for the remainder of the sections.

Yes, I have shrinkage from twisting from wet hair, but I prefer shrinkage over unhealthy hair any day when I have a time crunch to get hair done. Time is about 1hr or so depending on how fast you move with each section. I was in a rush and I used medium sized twists vs smaller ones.