Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hair Essentials - Marley Braids

I'm waiting until the idea of Marley Braids go stale before I put them in my own hair. Until that time, I recently did a client's hair using Marley braids. I used two pieces of Marley hair, combed the ends of the pieces out and twisted the hair into her hair. she got 6 packs in all, 4 were her hair color and 2 were 42 I believe which is a goldish color. I have another appt to do Marley braids, but since this client's head is smaller I intend on only using on marley piece vs two.

Here is a pic of the finished product and a couple pics I took during the process of braiding it.


Marley Braids
Add caption
 
It's very neat, but this pic is uber tiny. I'm going to have to try this again.

Marley braids+colored braids

 Yayy, it's bigger! Well, here it is. Very simple and easy to do. Her entire head took me about 4 hrs. I anticipated it taking longer, but she helped with detangling the hair and I got into a nice groove and worked it out in record time. There are plenty of videos on youtube that shows how to do the styling. I will post one when I do my own hair, which probably will not be for another couple months. If  I do I will update this blog post. Until then, remember that Our Natural is Beautiful!

The Natural hair event of the Fall is coming soon! I'm working out just a few more details and then I will post the pictures/flyers and other information on how to RSVP to the event. You can get a sneak peak by visiting my facebook page or searching for the Event's title, Our Natural is Beautiful. Have a wonderful day! Muah & CiAo!