Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Natural Hairstyles for Girls

With fantasy football, kickball and just life in general, I have been swamped. However, I wanted to share a quick thought and a couple pics with you. Many of my readers have little girls and it's always a lot to take care of your child's hair and then to handle your hair as well. There are natural hairstyles for girls. Mothers these days are full-time employees, full-time mothers and then try to have a life that exists outside their home and work place. so where would they find the time to take care of themselves or even their little girl's hair? Honestly, its difficult, but that's why haircare regimens are the BEST! Create one that works for you. I have shared mine with you several times, but I wanted to share my sister's regimen. My sister is natural herself (granted she is a licensed stylist; S/O to Larease!!!!) and she has a daughter. My niece like the women in my family has ALOT of hair. so taming that beast can be a lot! With her 4a hair in tow, she thinks she's the flyest!

My sister used a conditioning product on Sanaa's hair about a month ago. She said that it helped loosen the curls and allowed Sanaa's hair to be more manageable. Now, as the week begins, she braids her hair into simple appropriate long lasting styles convenient for school, church and play.  She moisturizes her hair and takes her time to braid it once every 1-2wks and then she could forget Sanaa's hair for the rest of the week. Makes sense to me. My mom would wash, blow dry my hair every other Sunday and I would rock a braided hairstyle for two weeks for the most part. Simple and easy to do. My mom too was very busy working her full-time job and caring for FOUR children, two girls included in the mix. so imagine all the hair combing my mom had to do. At any rate, she rocked it out and made it work. Here are pics of Sanaa's do. I'm going to find a copy of the product my sister used and update this post. Thanks for reading. Remember, Our Natural is Beautiful!
natural braids for girls

natural hairstyles for girls