Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Hair Essentials - Easy Natural Hairstyle

This morning I wanted to actually comb my hair into a half up half down easy natural hairstyle. I also plan on teaching how to do this style and many others are my natural hair event, Our Natural is Beautiful. Please RSVP at: www.naturalisbeautiful.eventbrite.com. Thank you! So with this style, I started with stretched natural hair, which was done by moisturizing and braiding hair into about 6-8 plaits in the evening. I covered with my bonnet and then styled this morning. Follow these steps to create this simple do.

Starting Pic
Steps to Easy Natural Hairstyle

Step 1: Loosen out stretched natural hair.
Step 2: Part 1/4 -1/3 of hair on the top half of head and then part that section in half right down the middle.
Step 3: Twists the back of hair into medium to large sized twists (If your hair takes a long time to set, you may want to complete Steps 2 and 3 the night before)

Steps to Natural Hair Style
 
Step 4: Take the top left half of hair and put into a ponytail towards the middle part on top of head
Step 5 : Repeat step 4 for the top right side of hair
Step 6: Take 1/3 section of right side of hair from the ponytail and 1/3 of the left section from the ponytail that is closest to the middle and twist into a soft fluffy twist.
Step 7: Pin the hair with hair pin loosely in the center and secure ends under fluffy twist
Step 8: Take remainder of hair in the right side and put into two fluffy twists and pin one twist to the back and center where the two ponytails meets and the other in the front and center of where the ponytails meet.
Step 9: Repeat step 8 with left side of hair from ponytail
 



Step 10: Loosen twists in the back

That is all. Very simple, super cute. Let's get it going. Our Natural is Beautiful ladies! Learn how to do these styles and others at the upcoming Event, Our Natural is Beautiful. www.naturalisbeautiful.eventbrite.com.  I will post in a separate post. Enjoy the do, enjoy the weather. I think this is super cute and can be quickly re-twisted in the evening and ready for tomorrow! Will post updated pictures tomorrow of Friday. MuAh & CiAo!

Update Day 2 of Hair (the shrinkage is real! lol)


 BUT the style kept up. Because the twists were bigger, I re-twisted them using my moisturizer and a dime size amount of jojoba oil for each section. I also put rollers on the very ends as well to secure them at night. My hair was revitalized, but of course with moisture and no stretching of hair, my hair shrunk a little bit. However, health is ALWAYS more important than length. 

Here's a pic of Day 3

 
Not too much difference from Day 2 to day 3. This style could have last the entire week, but I didn't style my hair until Wednesday and I needed to wash my hair and press it for hair length check time, which I did. I'm excited to report some growth. I'm hoping I can get hair length pics up by next week. Stay tune for those. :-)