Friday, November 22, 2013

The Importance of Meal Planning - Body Essentials

I was recently asked about meal planning and as a person who recently began meal planning, I realize how much it saves on time at the grocery store, plan daily caloric intakes and how it allows me to determine how much money I can spend that week. The easiest way to get started with meal planning is by going through your cabinets and seeing what you can use to create health meal option for you and/or your family.


Here's a basic meal plan sheet I created for myself. I found it very useful in planning my meals. The grocery portion at the top allows me to list any additional grocery items I may need for that week's meals. If you would like a printable copy, you can of course print out the picture, but it would be easier for me to email you a printable copy. Hopefully my new blog platform will allow me to download docs that I can share with you easily.

I also use a food tracker app (My fitness Pal - for IPhone) You can d/l the app and plug in your weight and height, the weight you would like to lose and you can track your meals determining your caloric intake and it will tell you how many calories per day you can intake in order to reach the goal weight you've set in the app. It's REALLY EASY to use.

In another post I will address, what specific meals you can use and how to determine a meal's caloric intake. The app - My Fitness Pal does it for you, but if you don't have the app, I won't want you to miss out. So, I will definitely focus more on well balanced and low caloric meals. Love the Natural in you. :-) MuAh & CiAo!