Thursday, December 12, 2013

Marley Braids

I recently styled my friend's hair in Marley Braids.

She wanted to take out the old ones I did for her a few months ago and get a fresh head of hair in, so I hooked her up. Her coworker and an amazing blogger, Chastity wanted to get her mane done as well and I did hers too. Both ladies look gorgeous in their Marley Twists! Yes, I do Marley braids. if you would like to get them done and live in the DMV area, email me at niaimbue@gmail.com for pricing and details.


braided hair, braided hairstyles, marley braids, protective style

Tips to maintaining your freshly braided hair:



1. Be certain to wrap hair at night after securing into a loose ponytail. If your hair is in thick braids, that's okay. Simply use a scarf to secure the braids into a ponytail and put a satin wrap over the full head of braids.

 2. Oil the hair and scalp (Don't over oil your scalp) This is only necessary for sheen and shine to hair and scalp and to help in preventing dry flakes on the scalp (the weather being dry could lead to cracking and breaking of the scalp.)

 3. Avoid too much Hand in hair from yourself and others. People do enjoy touching and playing in your hair especially when it looks nice, but sometimes people are not gentle and may mess up your freshly styled do. So be cautious when allowing people to touch your hair.
4. Apply Mr. Hicks or the edge control of your choice to the Marley braids at the hairline all around your head. It gives a clean finish. If the edge control flakes, use a little touch of water or grease (Nature's Best or Twist and Loc by Jane Carter Solutions and wipe it in the direction of the braid) Sometimes if you use too much edge control, it may flake.

If you have done Marley Braids, share your pics with me and I'll post on my 

blog's IG @lofanaturalista

 MuAh & CiAo!