Thursday, June 05, 2014

Eco-Styler Gel Review Pros/Cons

I tried it again...still don't like it. People still paid me compliments, but I just don't like how it feels or looks actually. Everyone has a preference. My preference is for nice bouncy SOFT curls. whether the curls are tight or more loose, SOFT is always a plus...walking around looking like I fried my hair with yesterday's grease is for the BIRDS!

Natural Tresses

BUT, I will say this one thing...I found that my hair remained ever so slightly more stretched as the days went on during the week with the ECO-STYLER GEL than it did with the using Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing smoothie. However, that wasn't reason enough to keep me interested in buying more Eco-Styler Gel. That's another thing. The container is half way used up in just 3 uses of the jar...I used a little to re-twist my marley twist after the wash. But outside of that, I used handfuls of the stuff for my hair, especially this last go round.

I'm sorry, but I can't. My hair is thicker than the usually texturized-type loose curls that people walk around with. In my opinion, ECO-STYLER GEL works best for someone with a looser curl pattern like 2c or 3a at best. I found the curls worked best for my hair in the very back of my head which is where my 3b-c hair is located. For the remainder of my much thicker and tighter curl pattern of 3c-4a hair...those strands are just not having it.

Oh another plus, I had no issues with dryness the first time around, though I experienced some dryness the second time around, but I think it's due to sleeping with my bonnet. #sueme ! LOL. I forgot it when I went to visit the boo. Didn't help that I had no moisturizer to put on top of it and I refused to add any more of the gooey gunk to my hair. AND I experienced NO FLAKING! I was actually surprised by that.

ps. If you have heat damaged (straight ends/pieces) of hair, it's not going to curl your hair. you would need to use rollers to assist with the curl for that area

Think I've said enough. To conclude, if I'm being SUPER lazy or going on vacation and can't check too many bags, I may use this product as a go to product since I'm not a fan of WASH n GOs, but otherwise, I'll stick with what I do best, which are twist outs with curling rods or just curling rod sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment