Thursday, June 05, 2014

Curl Pattern

So for persons that are transitioning and for persons who press their hair often and find their hair have lost some of its bouncy natural curl, using product doesn't create a curl pattern that doesn't exits. However you can become creative.

I have several people ask me how to combat their hair not having the same curl pattern throughout their head. For transitioners, it is best to cut it, if not? Try using a curling tool like curling rod sets, flat two strand twist it or even Bantu knots.

To get back your natural curl pattern, lessen the amount of presses you get. If you get a press every month, cut it down to once every three months and refrain from using add'l heat after the initial press. Use styles like braids and twist to help train hair into remembering its curls and texture. Consider the shampoo you are using. Does it contain ingredients meant to straight your hair?

I followed these simple tips and my curl pattern returned after a few months and now
I try not to press my hair as much and wear my hair in its natural state more than anything, plus I almost always air dry my hair rather than blowing it with a hair dryer even though it's not blown out completely, it's still heat applied and destroys he natural curl pattern on your hair.

Now, if you don't care much about your natural curls, then wear it pressed and be sure to use heat protectant, protein treatments and conditioners to maintain moisture in hair,strengthen strands from stretching and heat and protect the hair strand and hair cuticle from heat.

That's all for now. Follow me on Facebook at Livlyhood Naturalista, IG @lofanaturalista and Twitter @livlyhood. MuAh and CiAo!

No comments:

Post a Comment