Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Eco-Styler Gel Review








I bought this Eco-styler gel and hadn't gotten the opportunity to really use it in my fro. After this wash, I decided to give it a whirl. Here's the nitty gritty of it all. I don't like how crunchy it makes my hair feel. This Eco-Styler Gel Review is gonna get real. Yes, you may like the picture, but read more for deets!





I didn't apply it straight to my wet hair. I did my usual wash and twist routine. Skip to paragraph two if you already know my routine. My usual routine consists of washing my hair thoroughly with Wen Cleansing conditioner twice. I use the deep conditioner provided in the set every other wash. (this wash did not include a deep condition since my hair was last deep conditioned at the salon when I got my hair pressed) then I thoroughly rinse the hair after the first time, comb my hair out during the second time (securing with 4-6 big twists) and then rinse out hair thoroughly again. I then applied Shea Moisture's curl enhancing smoothie and jojoba oil to sections of my hair and twist to secure hair for bedtime.

Moving along, the next morning, I woke up, took the twists out and separated the texture that had formed already and applied Eco-Styler gel to my semi-dry hair. At first, I attempted to use Taaliah Wajid's Curly Curl Cream, but I realized almost instantly that that product wouldn't work well on my wet hair (It worked amazingly on my dried and stretched fro!) But I didn't have time for all that, so I finished applying the Eco Styler throughout my hair and pulled one side of it up for work.I got lots of compliments on it, but it felt too crunchy to the touch for my taste.

So, I heard that to fix this issue, you can apply oil to the curls throughout the course of the days and it's supposed to relieve some of that crunchy feeling. How do I feel about that? Booooo! Why should I have to wasit a couple days to obtain the curly hair without crunch that I love. That's crazy! But the product is already in my hair, so I'm following through. You see the pictures...let me know your thoughts. I wish you could feel the crunch...I took a shower with my hair uncovered and after my 15min aerobic workout. This is what was yielded.

Have you tried Eco-Styler Gel? and how did it work for you? I'd love to know. Muah & CiAo Follow me @lofanaturalista on IG. It's Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment