Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Natural Hair Products


1. Mr. Hick's Edges (Edge Control of choice - can flake if too much is used. Remedy white showing my using less of other products on your edges and/or putting oil on top the edge control)
2. Curl Enhancing Smoothie ( as a Moisturizer and for Twist Outs and Sets)
3. Jane Carter Solutions (Grease - great for twists or just "greasing" hair and maintaining moisture)




1. Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JCO - just a dime size or nickel size amount in sections of hair after a wash
and moisturizing does the trick. a little goes a long way. Best for thick hair)
2. Spray bottle (which holds 50% water and 50% of the vegetable glycerin shown)
3. Jasmine essential oil (NOW Brand -a few drops in spray bottle for stimulation of growth and maintaining moisture: can also use this oil for other DIY mixtures)

1. WEN Cleansing Conditioner - what I use to wash my hair every week
2. WEN Re-Moist Intense Hair treatment - use every other wash as a deep conditioner

I may add in jojoba oil, avocado oil and rosemary oils in my regimen from time to time. However, all the products listed here are my go to products. My porosity is more normal than it is low, but it's generally between normal and low. Normal is what you want to achieve. Choose products based on thickness of hair and porosity of hair (Thickness does not necessarily mean a thicker curl pattern)
For thick hair heavier oils and pure butters are useful. For not so thick hair, use jojoba oil, avocado oil and less of JCO. For thinner hair and looser curls, try coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil and jojoba oil. (none of the oils I've mentioned in this latter paragraph are pictured.

This post is full of information. I wanted to put this up for my coworkers as a ready to use reference. Thanks for reading and I hope to share more information with you. 
Be an effortless you! MuAh & CiAo! Follow me on IG @lofanaturalista

No comments:

Post a Comment