Friday, August 22, 2014

Guest Post - LaLa Speakx of BeYoutiful Photoshoot!

As promised, here are the photos selected from the recent Curly Girl BeYoutiful Photoshoot. You may have seen the selfy-pics I posted in a past post. Here is the official flyer in addition to a few words from LaLa of LaLa Speakz and the organizer of this shoot.


I'm LaLa of LaLa Speakx and I wanted to share with you a neat idea we did in the DC area that has now spread to Atlanta and New York.
 
The idea originated with me wanting to show my three daughters that even though it doesn't seem like mainstream media might support our natural curls.. we don't have to wait on them to do it. So I decided to get a group of natural ladies together, a photographer donated their time (she's also natural) and do a photo shoot, celebrating in a bold way, our natural hair and its original beauty.

Our goal is not to only celebrate our natural hair, but to also pass that love for it to the generations to come!

Hope you enjoy!
 
curly hair, kinky curls, naturalhairdoescare, team natural
 

No comments:

Post a Comment