Monday, November 03, 2014

Pressed MoHawk



TWA, curls, press natural hair


Wore my hair pressed for a couple weeks...and people say I wouldn't be able to press it because it'll be short, blah, blah, blah. At any rate, I rocked my straightened fro. Every time I straight my hair, I try different methods to see what works the best for me. I used these tools to style my hair:



keratin, organix
 
corioliss, natural hair, styling tools

*I sprayed the brazilian keratin therapy (flat iron spray) on the flat iron (not on my hair) and then pressed my hair section by section. Not only was it easy to do it this way, but the press lasted  very long time. PTL*

Granted, I washed it and blew it out with a hair dryer. I DID NOT PRE-STRETCH my hair or anything. When your hair is shorter, you don't really have those options. I could have used that method with the top of my fro, but who's doing that when the back doesn't have that much hang time. Not me!

Want to know what I did with the back end of my mohawk? I put a french braid in it from the nape of my neck going up and pinned it into the curls I had flowing from the top. I was very busy both weekends, so my curls fell after about 8 hours or so, but I found that when I used the curling rods to help set the curls, the curls stayed longer. As pictured here, it was the end of a looooooong day and as you can see the curls were still in there somewhat. I prefer my curls loose and flippy (almost like pincurls) but sometimes to achieve that look on a day that's not kind to natural pressed hair, it makes sense to start the day with tighter curls, so that the curls can last much longer and you can have curls throughout your busy workday and evening social/errand life.

TWAs, styling methods, styling tools
 
***Oh, I did cut about an inch or so all over (esp the front)...maybe the back was a half inch. After straightening it and seeing the length, I had to get rid of some of it ***
 
So yes, TWAs can achieve cute short styles that can last all day...even this mohawk look can be worn pressed. Don't limit yourself. Natural hair has THE most versatility. Here’s to being an effortless you. MuAh & CiAo!

No comments:

Post a Comment