Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Flu Season is In - Winter has truly begun

Just about every single person I know is sick or was sick in the past week. Me included! That's why I've been so busy this past week or so. I was trying to take care of myself for a change.
I'm in the process of getting over what I had. It's barely even there actually. I caught it early and I think that's what really helped. When the tickling in my throat began, I did not ignore it as I usually do.

* I immediately drank hot tea (whatever you got, just do drink it and drink it hot) and make certain you get rest.
* Then when i woke up, I drank two cups of tea using some loose fruit tea leaves I got from a friend's wedding and threw some bitter leaves in there and sweetened with honey.
* I drank another cup of tea using 1 of the last 2 packets of Emergen-C that I had (versus drinking it chilled like a drink).  I also took a good 1-2hour nap and stayed in that day (Christmas Day)



* I stayed in that day, but the next day I had to head to work (Dec 26th) Boooo!  At work, I didn't have any tea bags, but I improvised. I sucked on halls cough drops and drank plenty of water.
* I made sure to blow my nose at every chance I felt like I was getting congested. You know you are drinking enough water when you start using the restroom more periodically.
* I snacked on Oranges quarters for two days and refrained from sugary foods at the very start
* I drank another cup of tea using Emergen-C. That worked really well for me.
* I did a quick cardio strengthening workout as it helps me feel better.
* Rest was also a critical part of relieving the congestion. I've been able to sleep well the past few nights, which is amazing!

Since then I've kept my sickness in check and I was able to avoid major congestion, post nasal drip and suppressed my cough. I didn't take any NyQuil or anything this time around. I'm just happy I can breathe and not be congested.

How are you feeling?  Hope you're not sick, but if you are, try what I did and see if it works for you. I'm not feeling well due to auntie being in town, but at least i can breathe! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment