Tuesday, September 25, 2018

How I Found My Husband



It’s interesting to think that there is something about the way we operate, our behaviors that lead to us finding the person we marry or the reason we have not found a partner. The known tale is that people marry a person that is very similar to their parents. After all, why not?

Our parents are who we come to know for most of our lives and even as adults when we have physically separated ourselves from them, we cannot help but to find a replacement of our parents in our spouse or in a roommate or in someone who is plays a significant role in our lives.

Well, in my Monday morning run today, it dawned on me that without even trying, most of the men I dated, who I do not think had a lot in common with one another then, had one thing in common.

THEY ALL DROVE MERCEDES BENZ!


 How uncanny is that? Does that mean that I was somehow attracted to the thing that led to their car purchase? That would be faulty logic in so many ways, I cannot begin to number them because it will take too much time.

I know a lot of single men and woman have a checklist. Let me start by saying that having a BENZ WAS NOT on my checklist. It just worked out that way. I then took on a mission of inquiring about my daters vehicles before going on a date with them.
Just when I thought I had broken my trend, I realized that the next few daters were ALL CANCERS! I mean seriously? Can I get a break here? What is it about cancer men that drew me in to them, I have no idea. Then I recall my first love was a cancer. Granted, I am not into astrology and things of that nature, but something has to be said about the similarities these men possessed that drew me in. And no, my parents are neither cancers nor did they drive a Benz. We grew up in a very poor and humbled home. One I would say I am happy to have experienced.

I decided to just let prayer and my life experience do the picking and not weed out men because they drive a Benz. How about my husband when I re-met him, drove a BENZ and is a CANCER. Go figure! In addition to that, he is a blend of my parents, definitely more like my father – they even laugh the same, it’s very strange. However, I could not be happier that my heart AND my head loves my imperfect husband in all his great and not so great ways. He no longer drives a Benz. He got rid of it well before we got married, but if he buys another one, I would not be mad about it either.

In all, the love you find, the spouse you find, the partner you find is made up of your experiences and traits that you are attracted to. If there is a type of woman or man that you keep dating, it is because it is the type of person you are attracted to deep down. Hopefully, this works out to be a good fit for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment