Tuesday, November 21, 2017

ACV at work

In preparation for Thanksgiving, I took out my single braids and ACV'd my scalp. With the past dry weather, my scalp cracked so much and I waited too late to moisturize my braids. Do you ever moisturize your hair while wearing single braids or even kinky twists?



As a low porosity haired lady, I MUST moisturize. Yes, I use the full LCO method. (Of course if you use the LOC or LCOC method, then use that) especially if you have low porosity or even mixed porosity hair.

What I used for a quick scalp treatment was 1 cap full of ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar - the mother) and about 4 cap fulls of Tresamme conditioner. My conditioner has lasted for this long, yes. I parted my hair into sections (similarly to how you part your hair when doing a hot oil treatment), then I used a hair dye brush, similar to what is pictured below and applied it to my scalp. Keep in mind that ACV should ALWAYS be diluted. Please don't apply ACV directly to your scalp. :-/



After approx 20 minutes, I proceeded with my washday routine as usual, except I used clarifying shampoo as opposed to a cowash product. You do want to make sure that you have cleaned your scalp of the bacteria and other buildup lifted by the ACV conditioning treatment. If you have a bigger head aka more surface area, use more ACV and conditioner. Just try to keep in mind that you want approx. a ration of 1:4 ACV:Conditioner nor more than 1:2.

If ACV seems too strong for you, try something else on the similar level of pH like lemon juice. I use lemon juice for other conditioning mixtures and even lemon oil in moisturizing cream and beard oil I made for hubs. ACV does have an odor, but after washing all that stuff, you can barely even tell you used ACV int he first place AND your scalp is nice and clean.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I'm open for feedback.



MuAh & CiAo!

No comments:

Post a Comment