Monday, October 02, 2017

Clean Your Scalp

As a low porosity hair lady, I know that I have to deal with product buildup over time. With the addition of working out 4 times weekly, I definitely need to be certain that my scalp is cleansed (outside of using a sulfate-free shampoo) at least once monthly.

My tried and true scalp cleanser is a mixture of conditioner and ACV (Apple Cidar Vinegar). I prefer to use the mother as well just because it's more natural.

I have a small head so I did not use much of my mixture. A rule of thumb for this cleanser is 3 parts conditioner, 1 part ACV. I used approx 1/2 cup of conditioner and approx 2-3 tbsp of ACV. Next, I covered with a plastic cap and sat under my diffuser for approx 7-10 minutes. Then, I waited another 30 minutes before rinsing the mixture out.



I did another rinse yesterday as well, but I'll further discuss that in a later post. I have been using this method for over 5 yrs and have always found it to be helpful to gently removing product buildup. You never want to put ACV directly on your scalp or anywhere on or in your body without diluting in some form. There are sooo many benefits to ACV. I'm sure I've discussed those before in a previous post, but if you would  like me to share it again, I can. :-)

Thanks for reading! MuAh & CiAo! IG: lofanaturalista

No comments:

Post a Comment