Thursday, September 28, 2017

Guess Who's Back in 2017, this curly haired chick!

Originally posted: 9/28/2017

So worst mistake in my hair life! Well, top 10 at least. I combed out my dry hair this morning mid curl pattern, kinky and stuff. So much of my hair came out. It was such a disaster, but how do you pull your hair into a high ponytail after taking down an updo style? I guess you just don't. I should not have. Was it worth it...NOPE! Except my high ponytail was super cute!

Yesterday was wash day...really Sunday was wash day, but I was too busy to get around to doing my hair so I put it off for one day. Ask me what I did to my old twist out hair the night before if you are interested in hearing more.

Right, so wash day is here, but then I was reminded that I workout every morning now. How is my hair going to stand up against the major sweating my scalp does in my quick 30 minutes morning workouts? I used to style my hair in individual twists and pin those up, but hubs don't care for that much and small twists was just done last week. (Every now and then I need to switch it up) So I opted for a few two-strand braid twists. I can throw in some earrings and beat my face (which I did not as pictured) and still look professional for work.

Here's my quick workout routine do:

1. Wash hair/Condition Hair (maybe i'll do a video on this if you need a quick routine for 3c/4a hair)
2. Moisturize hair (still use the LCO method - hasn't failed me yet!)
3. Separate hair into braid sections
4. Two strand braid hair
5. Tie down hair with hair wrap AND put bonnet on top of it (my hair was still wet/damp)
6. Use handkerchief to tie down hair during workout
7. Shower with handkerchief and shower cap
8. Remove shower cap and handkerchief after getting dressed (especially if you have a top or dress you need to put over your hair - don't want to mess up the braids)


I do need to show the other styles I do. I am not certain how long this style will work and look neat enough to go to work in, but I'll take pictures every workout day this week and keep you posted.


Thank you for reading! MuAh & CiAo!

UPDATE ALERT 10/2/2017: So, I worked out only two other times and my hair looked just about the same. HOWEVER, you would think that because my hair is in two-strand twists that my hair would yield a nice curly fro, right? NOPE, that did not occur. I found that my hair actually felt dry-ish (for inability of moisturizing throughout the week)

But really, who wants to do the LCO method on semi damp hair 1-2x's daily. And I sweat heavily throughout the day, so I would rather it just stay "cutish"/"professionalish" looking all week, with some pearls and a beat face and call it a week. Perhaps, if I dried my hair before two-strand braiding my hair as opposed to styling it right after a fresh wash would have made the difference in yielding a pretty sweet curly fro. Ah well. Can't win em all.

Overall gym week hairdo: THUMB'S UP !



No comments:

Post a Comment