Friday, April 07, 2017

Best Hair Products for My 3c/4a Low Porosity Hair/Scalp

Here I am at the crack of dawn trying to find a NEW and improved and cost effective conditioning product. I'm familiar with many conditioners/cowash products/leave-ins and have a pretty effective system going, BUT when I finish my products, I always like to review and revise. You know...see what else is out there that I may be missing.

Today's product try is Tressame Conditioner for $6 at Walmart - We'll see what happens here.


Tried and true products for my hair from start to finish are:


Pre-Poo - Self-made products (black/green tea rinses; onion juice treatment, hot oil treatments, ACV treatments and the list goes on and on for what I use to pre-poo) - I prepoo based on need of my hair but at least 1x/month

Carol's Daughter Sulfate-Free shampoo (Mirabelle Plum) - 2x's/month generally - Approx $10 @ Walmart







Shea Moisture's Conditioner - with every 7-10 days wash - Approx $11-12 @ Walmart


As I Am Coconut Cowash - 2x's/month generally - Approx $8 at Walmart


As I Am Leave-In Conditioner Approx $10/Walmart OR Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie 12oz. $12 as the conditioner in my LCO method - used 4x/s month generally but with EVERY WASH OR COWASH


I ran out of my Shea Moisture conditioner approx 1-2 months ago, but I reallllllly need a conditioner, so here I am trying something new. I checked the ingredients of Tressame and all looks well. In the past, I have used Pantene ProV for Black women and found it to be great, but I have not used that product in over 7 yrs. so I can't attest to it's greatness now.

I will let you know how the Tresamme works. If you have any other great product suggestions for my 3c/4a Low porosity hair, please send me a message! Otherwise, MuAh & CiAo!

No comments:

Post a Comment