Monday, November 19, 2018

Max Hydration Method Part 1

Apparently, I have been doing alot so my posts tend to be long. Since I would rather not bore you to tears with my long posts. I split them up so the information is easily absorbed. 


So, let's get started. Max Hydration Method from my understanding is to help with boosting the curl texture/curl pattern of natural hair. In my research, I saw several ways this method can be done. That is probably because the official way to do is so long! But, lucky for you, I did not do the treatment over a series of days nor did I follow all the steps and I still received a pretty good curl pattern. Here are the results:

Pic 1: Hair is dry
Pic 2 & Pic 3: Still wet from final step





Here are the actual steps with product lists I loosely followed:



Here are the steps I took: (Warning: use a towel or something you don't mind getting covered in clay)

Step 1: Clarify scalp - I used ACV and conditioner since it has worked for me low porosity hair in the past and I saw it was an approved method for the Max Hydration Method. Apply mixture to scalp and hair and thoroughly rinse (1:1 ratio of ACV and conditioner)

Step 2: Condition - Apply warm conditioner to hair and scalp and let sit for approx 20 minutes.

Step 3: Apply Indian Mask to hair - I mixed 2 parts warm water to 1 part Aztec clay and applied it to my hair root to tip. (ended up only using half of the mixture) Cover with plastic cap and let mixture sit on hair for 30 minutes. Then thoroughly rinse mask from hair.

Step 4: Condition - Condition hair with approved conditioner - sulfate free (I used Tresamme conditioner)  and rinse thoroughly

Step 5: Add Gel/Moisturizer - I used conditioner to moisturize my hair versus using kinky curl custard which came highly recommended for this step. I didn't use the kinky curly because I used one of their products years ago (knot today) and it made my hair extremely tacky, gross and heavy. Also, other gels were recommended, but again, I only used conditioner again but I added oil to it. I used sweet almond oil


Here are some pre-approved conditioning products for the Max Hydration process.


Here is the clay I used which was purchased from Amazon.com

 Additionally, these steps are repeated everyday (with the exception of Step 1) until max hydration is reached. I only did the process over a 2-day period. I'll share more on why that was the case. I'l also share more on why I loosely followed the steps in Part 2's post.

I told you it was going to be a long post. That's all for now. See you for Part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment