Thursday, May 10, 2012

Body Essentials - My Chest Hurts Because of Pills?


Yea, imagine that. I rushed out of the house this morning, gathered my usual suspects (medication) in my palm and kept it rolling. Forgot my ceramic tea container (mainly because I don’t like it, but that’s another story) and headed through the door. I hastily dropped everything in my arms in the front seat, all but the medications/vitamins which I carefully placed in my lap and took off. I saw a bottle of about ½ cup of water and figured, oh great, enough for me to take my pills. WRONG MOVE! I took the pills, which I know I have a hard time doing even with a lot of water, and I kept it moving. In less than 10 seconds I was grabbing at my chest, I couldn’t breathe, but kept driving. What was wrong? How slowly the next 15 seconds went by, I thought about the pills, their size, the amount of water and assumed it had to be that I needed more water and perhaps the pills were stuck in my throat….so I kept swallowing. It’s funny how when you try to swallow you can’t because you’re thinking about it. Finally, I got a breath, a clear breath, with no blockage in my esophagus. Then, the pain hit me again, I was grabbing at my chest. I felt like I had heart burn. Apparently, I didn’t have enough water with my pills, so they were somehow coming back up or dissolving in my esophagus. Soooo, painful! By the time I got to work, I was doubled over in my office mid-talk with a client. Picture my client asking me, what’s wrong with me as I’m trying to help her. SMH. I put some water on to boil for ginger tea and have been swallowing the entire time to keep the pain from coming back. With that said, I found this article that really alarmed me.


 People please be careful when taking your medication and take them as they are prescribed. I took a multivitamin (Centrum women’s daily tablet), 2 horse chestnut capsules and a skin, hair, nails pill (gotta find the name of it) That’s also another story. I don’t take them daily as originally intended, but taking pills of any sort without water is not good at all. Let me go make my tea, I’m bout to pass out. CiAo and MuAh!

No comments:

Post a Comment