Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Skin Essentials - Treat Oily Skin

So with summer coming on, I'm seeing a bunch of people walking around with oily skin. In the summer, my skin gets oilier, but i tend to have dry skin, so I don't worry too much about pimples unless my hair is out which causes pimples from the oil in my hair, rather than the oil on my skin. Nonetheless, many people have oily skin so I figured let's address this pronto and give natural remedies for taking care of your oily skin.

Answer this question hoenstly, how often do you wash your face? .... still thinking....probably not enough.

Here are some tips I found:

  • Everyday wash your face two times with a medicated soap. Next dip cotton in an astringent lotion and wipe your face gently.
  • Make a paste of sandal wood powder with little rose water and apply it on your face. Allow it to stay for some 15-20 minutes and then wash.
  • Mix cinnamon powder, few drops of lemon juice and little honey and make a paste. Gently apply it on your pimples. Leave it to react for 1 hour and then wash your face.
  • Consume more fruits, vegetable, sprouts and yogurt regularly.
  • See to that you drink eight full glasses of water everyday. Water makes wonders.
http://www.healthmango.com/skinbeauty/home-remedies-for-oily-skin-and-pimples/

What I do to my facial skin is:
1. Washing face regularly
2. Staying away from oily food and products
3. Understanding that some hairstyles can affect my face; alternate hairstyles to lessen occurrence of pimples.

4. When I use facial scrub on face, I use (Neutrogena & Clinique Clarifying Lotion; which is not a lotion at all, lol, but it worked with my skin) 1-3x's a month. (See natural facial scrubs on previous post)

5. Wear little to no make-up at all. Most times, I wear eye make-up only when I do wear make-up. If you have no problem with ur skin, why add make-up on top of it. Besides, make up only covers up the problems not fix them. #JustSaying

6. Remove make-up after wear. *trick - use lotion or cream and wipe with papertowel or wash clothe, much better than ANY make-up remover I've used.


I have dry skin and I wash my face at least once a day and add in an extra time when I workout.
Granted my skin isn't dry to the point where it's peeling, but I mositurize it to keep the balance on my skin.
Let's create healthy ways of taking care of our skin. It's the first thing people see. Let your skin shine beautifully and not because of oil. *when all else fails, if your skin starts to feel oily, wash it. I hope this was informative.

Be NATURALLY beautiful inside and out. Live on Purpose People. MuAh & CiAo!

No comments:

Post a Comment