Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hair Essentials - Natural Hair Wedding Updo - Pictorial

Hey everybody! I missed you! So here is the natural do I promised. It's pretty simple. Can be done on dirty or clean hair. I took my braided style out done a couple weeks ago, let it air out for a little bit before I started. I used the style on dirty hair because I don't like black gel sitting in my hair for too long. The do will be out TONIGHT after a good scratching takes place.

Prep Time: 2 minutes (gather all the ish you are going to use or potentially use as pictured)
Styling Time: 30-50 minutes

Step one: Part hair into sections and secure
Step two: Style each section as showed
Step three: Create bun with added hair or your hair if u have it like that
Step four: Cover with scarf until ready to attend wedding or special occasion

Here is the Pictorial! Enjoy (and no judging!, lol)

I took these braids out


This was created as a result of unbraiding my hair


Spray hair with water to comb out/untangle hair


Supplies needed: natural hair that matches your grain of hair, mirror, long and short bobby clips, ampro style gel, miss jessie's curly meringue, bobby pins, smoothing brush, comb, shiner for hair (I used Argan oil for nice smell & shine), spray bottle filled with water, scarves for tying at the end


Separate hair into three sections like this


Sweep the middle section of hair into a ponytail and braid the end of hair.


Part top section in half right down the middle of the head front thefront hairline to the end of that section




Use natural hair to add on top of the part and sweep hair over the added hair to create a huge flattwist on the top



Put the back section of hair in pony tail, braid hair and pin the end in to secure & protect




Prepare piece by using bobby pin and pieces of natural hair and secure the hair with the bobby pin then insert where needed.

After inserts were made

Pin the added hair up to create donut as you wish





Didn't do a good job of getting hair pics. This is what happens when u give a man the camera :-/ lol

I'll get some more pics of it to post the final do, clearly this isn't doing the intricate style any justice. Love you! Live on purpose people Muah & CiAo!

No comments:

Post a Comment