Friday, July 13, 2012

Skin Essentials - Pesky Bug Bites

Nothing new has been going on with my hair. I did style two people's hair the other day, but I ended so late I forgot to take pics. Next time, I'll try not to be so absent-minded tho I was super tired. Outside of that, I was looking at my skin this morning and I have two marks where bug bites used to be. I have gotten comfortable with not scratching bug bites by spraying it with tea tree oil and washing the skin during bath time with Castille Soap. However, I have these marks on it. People talk about using shea butter and Cocoa Butter. So I'm going to get some this afternoon and begin using it. I'm not certain if it's too late to begin this regimen on avoiding marks on my skin from bug bites, but we'll see what happens. I'll keep you guys posted on it next week. Hmmm, perhaps I should take a pic. Ok, here goes.

Haa, i'm uploading the pic now. After taking the pic now, it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but i'm light skinned so the dark mark really shows up on my skin in my opinion. Can you see it? You can prob just the the one clearly, the other one is lower down before the shading of the light against my skin comes into play.

Anyhoo, it's obvious to me and bothers me enough to want to try shea butter. As a child I used cocoa butter, but I've always felt like it did nothing to my skin in regards to reducing the marks on my skin. The bruise did heal fast, but it still left a scar. Well, here goes this test.

Oh, also, my hair is growing...I haven't been doing much with it recently, just leaving it in twists or wearing my curly twistouts. It's back in twist and I won't be rocking the twistouts until this weekend, but it's going to be great when I get to press it. Just a few more months before I could do a length check.Well, enough about my hair and skin for today. If you have ANY suggestions on caring for skin, please inbox me at niaimbue@gmail.com or leave a post or comment here. Thanks so much!

Live on purpose. MuAh & CiAo!

2 comments:

  1. hey, witch hazel and vitamin E are good skin toners. I have esed both for marks on my skin left by pimples and bug bites,and even scratches. Works pretty good. Its better if you used it when you first get these marks. Witch hazel can also be use to soothe the skin from bug bites and clear up the pimple bumps. As far as bug repellent goes, I use a oil mixture of any base oil (almond,grape seed oil,johoba oil,olive oil,cocunut oil,ect.) with some drops of essential calendula oil in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet, thanks so much Genisse. I have witch hazel, i just need some vitamin E oil. Lost the last bottle i had in my rcent move and haven't replaced it since. I do need to be a better advocate about my skin care immediately rather than later. Thanks for the info hun!

    ReplyDelete