Friday, September 07, 2012

Hair Essentials -Braid-Out

I tried my hand at doing a braid out. My boo was not overly impressed. In fact, he told me he doesn't like the braid out, and he likes the twist out. :-/ WOMP, but that's okay. I still postedpics of how to do it. I imagine if it wasn't such a damp day, the braid outs would look much better. I will try it again at some point, but def not when the boo's around. Not trying to get my feelings hurt.

What I did was box braided my hair (huge uneven boxes) after moisturizing and sealing with oil all the way to the tips of the hair strand. Then I used my curling rods and curled each braid. The braids were not done in any set order, except that the braids I did in the front I curled them towards the top of my head in order to have the hair be in my face rather than going in the direction towards the nape of my neck after braiding it out.

The first time I did it, I thought it looked good. Here are pics of the day 2 of doing the braid out:



I don't think it looks awful. I could have probably done a better job of preparing the braided style and being more careful with the moisturizing process of it. But I do like the thicker texture of the braid out. Not too shabby. I will try again. I hope your braid out looks good on you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment