Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hair Essentials - My Natural Styling

So I was inspired by this natural style that I saw online, plus I wanted to add bangs so I did it. It's pretty simple to do.

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Styling Time: 30 minutes or less (took me about 30 mins between chit-chatting and lol'ing)

To Prep, I gathered all the hair accessories/essentials needed for the do. I also detangled my hair with my moisturizer and wide tooth comb, made the sections out and secured with a roller clip, before styling each sections separetely. 4 sections/ part a section of hair on the top in a triangular shape for a bang on ur preferrable side (secure with roller clip), part the hair down the center from the tip of the triangular shape of the bang to the nape of the neck (secure with roller clip), then part the hair on the side ur bang will hang on from the tip behind the ear to the center part (secure with roller clip) and secure the remainder of hair with a roller clip as well.

To Style:
1. The section under the bang, remove roller clip and make about 5-7 braids in medium thickness from the front of hair to the center on middle top of head. Twist the ends of the braids and secure again with roller clip upon completion.
2. Remove roller clip from the side with braided hair and french roll, tucking ends of hair under and rolling towards the top of the head and securing with bobby pins. (DO NOT USE BOBBY PAINS IF THE PIN DOES NOT HAVE THE BLACK TIP BECAUSE OTHERWISE THE PIN WILL PULL AND TUG AT HAIR AND CAUSE DISCOMFORT ON THE SCALP)
3. Remove roller clip from the other sde of the center part and french roll and tuck ends under and roll towards to top of the hair. See second pic. Secure french roll with bobby pins.
4. Remove roller clip from banged section, make a slack twist at the ends of the sectioned hair and tuck the twist under the base of the banged section hair. This would create a puff bang as shown in first pic, u can secure the twist in braided hair.

Boo took the pics and was happy with the results, so was I. I know he thought I looked crazy as I started styling my hair. :-)
(Detangling hair allows for hair to become more manageable.





And i love my white pants, especially after Labor Day! ha. Natural styling all the way. :-) Live on purpose ladies, now to concoct another natural style, until then...MuAh & CiAo!

No comments:

Post a Comment