Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Hair Essentials - Onion Rinse (Hair Growth)

So I'm paying attention to my hair and I noticed that it has reach this length where it's difficult for it to grow past. However, I attempted to use this onion rinse in my hair. I left it on for 4 hrs. Then rinsed it out with Aloe Vera Juice and Cantu conditioner.....uggggh. as I type it, I realized I made a boo boo. I was supposed to rinse with the apple cider vinegar. SMH. ah well, there's always next time. Aloe Vera juice and cantu is a good conditioning treatment. The apple cedar vinegar I'm sure is useful to combat the onion juice smell.

At any rate, I cut a piece of yellow onion, less than a 1/4 piece of onion. You could use a garlic press or if your like me and don't have one, u can take the onion apart by it's layer, lay each layer flat and take the handle of a knife and flatter it to get the juice out...you would then have to take that layer of onion and squeeze what you can out and into a container (bowl or cup). That amount of onion yielded about 1/8 of juice...if even. it really wasn't that much, but just think about how big your head is and how much you would need to cover your entire scalp...not much.

After that, I took a paper towel and dipped in into the cup (just to get it wet a little) and pressed the dipped portion of it into my scalp after making parts. I continued parting my hair and repeated the dipping step until my entire scalp was covered. I then massaged my scalp and pulled it together in a very loose ponytail.

I rinsed with the mixture mentioned above and shampooed and conditioned my hair as usual, I rinsed the conditioner out with cool/cold water and then twisted after moisturizing hair with JC Solutions Moisturizer, Nature's Best hair grease and Jamaican castor oil. I Got Mad shrinkage, but my hair feels healthy and strong. When I pull on it, it bounces all nice and healthy-like. Very happy with the results.

I plan to wear my hair in twists for the rest of the week until I see the boo this weekend.

Onion Juice (not a whole lot is needed)

Pressed hair after trim

Twisted hair after last night's wash

Now, to just keep up with this ritual. I'm thinking of doing a hair growth rinse twice a month, deep conditioning treatment twice a month and trim once every 2 months...maybe 6wks. I'm trying to figure out how often I should trim my natural hair. This is me living naturally on purpose. MuAh & CiAo!