Monday, June 17, 2013

Hair Essentials - Rocking that Fro

It's just that kinda summer and I'm enjoying rocking my fro. I threw away the idea of shrinkage and all the other mess and allowed my hair to roll into it's natural curls and just be free. No hair pins clipping nothing, no styling nothing. Just rocking a straight fro and I love it! My normal winter hair regimen is washing with conditioning cleanser every 5-10 days depending on how it's styled and then twisting hair into about 6 big two strand twists throughout hair. Then I moisturize each section and twist each twist into about 2-4 smaller twists with JCSolutions (Jane Carter Solutions)hair nourishing cream, then seal moisture with JCOil (Jamaican Castor Oil). Then I put my night cap on and I'm good to go. True, natural hair care!

Now, I'm realizing that this lovely regimen I ahve created for myself during the Fall and Winter months need to be tweaked since it's now the Spring/Summer months. The one week when it was a scorcher, my hair was pressed so I forgot that I needed to get my Spring/Summer regimen together. I have no idea what I did last year! So, now I'm tasked with finding out what I need to do to maintain moisture in my hair and relieve my hair from being dry throughout the summer months. I know I did lots of smaller twists. I may hev to go back to doing smaller twist for the time being until I figure something else out.

I also thought of putting my hair in braids BUT i know that synthetic hair cuts my hair strands. I'm not certain what I'm going to settle with. We'll have to wait and see. Until then, I'll just rock my cut shrunken fro!


Our Natural is beautiful! MuAh & CiAo!
Follow me at livlyhood on Instagram and Twitter for more hair pics