Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Hair Essentials - Natural Hair DIY Two Strand Braids

Happy Tuesday All,

I totally did not post recent wedding style done. I'll probably post that later this week. I'm not certain I took pictures of the style. :-/ At any rate, I decided to try a two strand braid twist out to see how it would look on me and if it will set well. I have done a two strand braid twist out on wet hair, but it was extremely small twist and I wanted my hair to be fluffier and stretched out. That look turned out like this:


Notice the very small curls, which is not too far from my usually curl pattern. So, to create the larger curls, I followed these steps:

Using these products/tools:

Best-Natural-Hair-Products

Spray bottle is just a mix of water and moisturizer :-)


Step 1: I combed out my washed and stretched out hair with wide-tooth comb (I used about 8 -10 plaits to stretch out my hair while it was wet)

Step 2: Parted it across the middle (from ear to ear)

Step 3: Parted the top half in order to  strand braid the hair coming from the middle part to my front hairline

Step 4: Spray contents in spray bottle (approx. 3 squirts and work through hair from root to tip), moisturize with JCS curl cream product and then seal with a little CO (Coconut Oil)

Step 5: Repeated the steps 3-4 until the entire front was done.

Step 6: Repeat steps 4-5 but in about 4-5 braids from the middle part to the nape of my neck

Step 7: Curl the end of each braid with a curling rod (I was short a curling rod or two in this video)

Step 8: Cover with night cap and get ready for bed

This video shows how I took it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx6efJJT7xA&feature=em-upload_owner

Here are the results:




Final Step: When I took al the braids out, I separated it and fluffed it up as much as I could. Hopefully, it still looks good this evening. I will probably do another video to show maintenance done to keep the style for another day or so. Stay tuned!

I think it turned out pretty well for my first time doing it.
Things I would do differently.
1. Try it completely on wet hair
2. Use less coconut oil on each two strand braid (hair feels slightly oily, thank goodness it doesn't look super oily though)

That's all for now. Hope you enjoyed my short video. :-)
Live on Purpose! Our Natural is Beautiful! MuAh & CiAo!