Monday, August 19, 2013

Hair Essentials - Natural Hair Updo

Good Afternoon Y'all, this is a super late post. The day got away from me, but anyhoo. So I've been doing my twist outs for the past few weeks and wearing twist outs on Saturday or a twisted out style of some sort and then washing on Sunday morning after kickball practice. However, I wanted to skip a wash this week and see if my hair could deal. I figured my hair needed a rest, especially since its not dirty and I haven't been using too much product because of my new regimen. I decided to wear it in a natural hair updo for a couple days, try something new (I guess) and then I will return to my twist on Tuesday. Here's the pictorial below with brief instructions on how to create this final look. :-) Enjoy!


FINAL LOOK


Natural Hairstyles


Gather things needed: comb, bristle brush, moisturizer of your choice, edge control or gel to slick edges, castor oil to seal hair after moisturizing, pins to pin hair



Section hair out at shown. Place a high ponytail in the back, twist hair and pin it forward to the other section of hair

Separate section in the front into as many sections as you'd like and twist the half of the shaft t the end of the shaft. I used three sections, obviously.

Pin the hair under each section of hair. The one on the top I pinned under itself, the other two I pinned towards the middle of my forehead


That created a cute puffy style on the top


LOL, sorry for the side eye! Hope you enjoy the pics! :-)

I have some exciting news to post soon, so look forward to that and more styles to come.
Our Natural is Beautiful Campaign 2013. MuAh & CiAo!