Thursday, October 24, 2013

Reviews of Our Natural is Beautiful Campaign Launch

The event was a success! I waited for feedback in the form of online evaluations to be submitted. Please feel free to evaluate the event if you attended the event using the link below:


The stylists of Generations Hair Design and myself were able to talk about what we do, the services we provide and we spoke about IMPORTANT issues of black hair....from the correct way to moisture hair, how to determine products that work for you and the products we find most useful in our hair and also performed three demonstrations. One for persons transitioning, protective styling and locs styling.

We spoke about color, loc maintenance, our journey with natural hair and I definitely spoke errors made and in my natural hair journey. It was such a pleasure to speak about this topic because I find that educating women about what I have experienced and recognizing how my experience helps them is what I'm most passionate about.

Natural Hair Demonstration at Event


I'm so happy that the event was a success and from the feedback I learned that the event was useful and definitely something they will attend again. Someone mentioned that the location was small and in hindsight, we realized that once we started getting the feedback we got, but with all events, we live and learn. Sometimes having the event helps you recognize during the planning stages and even after what could be done differently to make the event more comfortable and informational for attendees. I intend on having another event in the Spring to further educate women on hair because this is our natural and we must embrace who we are wholly.

Education of black hair is awesome! Boo is always sending me interesting information and he sent me this article today. I wanted to share it with you all and hope to get feedback so we can discuss this in the coming week. So excited to discuss this short film on "You Can Touch My Hair". Hope you enjoy, MuAh & CiAo!