Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Easy Natural Styling

Yesterday was supposed to be wash day but with recovering from this cold, which is more like a cough and getting home late, I opted to skip it and postpone until tonight or tomorrow. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do. So, this morning, I did not want to apply heat to my pressed hair nor was I feeling the whole ponytail idea...this led to a quick two-strand braid creating this easy natural style.

protective styling, two-strand braid, professional hair style, easy natural style, natural updo

Here's what I did:
1. Comb out hair and make a part as shown in top pic.
2. Moisturize with a little CO (Coconut oil) & Curly Curl Cream by Taliah Waajid to slick the hair back
3. Brush hair toward ears on either sides of the part and then begin the two-strand braid from one ear to the next
4. Then I rolled the end of the twisted braid on top in the direction of the other ear, but balled the ends into a donut and secure with a few black hair clips.

This style took me a few minutes and I was out the door rolling to work. I got compliments on this style too! I love that with it being SUPER cold today, I was able to create a quick protective style that could be dressed up or dressed down and this case be a professional style for my first day at my new job. I'm sooo excited about this new job, but that's another post for another time. I am planning on braiding my hair this week. My hair has been pressed now for 3 weeks and it's long overdue for a wash. Then I'm going to do something funky for my birthday, I think, lol. so many options, so little time. The weather is also a factor in what I do with my hair. We'll see what happens and as usual, I will keep you posted. Search the word cloud for other easy natural hair styles (be it professional and/or protective) MuAh & CiAo!

No comments:

Post a Comment