Friday, March 07, 2014

I'm back in business!

I have been gone from blogging about natural hair, skin and nails for so long I just want to say hello and that I really missed you! Life has thrown me some curve balls but I made home runs yet and still. Thank God!

marley braids, protective stylingconditioning treatment, coloring black hair

There are so many updates I have for you all. I honestly don't know where to begin. If you have been following me on IG @lofanaturalista,you would know that I did a henna treatment and I styled my hair in Marley twists.


Henna can be used to color natural hair and it can be used as a conditioning treatment. the longer you keep the henna in your hair, the more color will take to your hair. A few ladies told me recently that they leave henna in for 6 hours or more! This day and the previous time I did henna, it was as a conditioning treatment and I left the henna in my hair for under 2 hours. (approx 1.5hrs most recently)

As a result, my hair did feel very conditioned and soft. I am due for a trim and a protein treatment. I have used henna as a protein treatment, but realized that the henna conditions my hair more than anything else, which is fine. Henna can be used to strengthen hair strands and as mentioned before, it can be used for coloring. Henna is a fun product to have. It can be purchased online. The box shown in the pic was purchased at a Chinese hair store in the coloring aisle. Seemed to do the trick just fine. If you do not have a hair store near you, try Whole Foods. They sell henna as well.

Well, I won't keep you, just wanted to give you a quick hair update before the weekend starts. Can't wait to continue sharing more information with you in the coming weeks. MuAh & CiAo!





No comments:

Post a Comment