Friday, June 20, 2014

From Bra-Strap Length (when straightened) to Mohawk - Find out why!

 Hey all, everyone has been asking, so why'd you cut your hair? Others are upset I did. (wait until my mom sees it, lol n smh) But honestly, I cut my hair for me and I love it!




I have been talking about cutting my hair for over a yr now, possibly 2 or so and I was finally able to do it. Initially I was going to wait until the summer ended but then my gf Grace said, why wait until then, the Summer's coming! Then I had other reasons I had to put it off for a couple weeks and then finding a stylist and all that but then finally I was able to do it.

If anyone knows me, you would know that I have gotten into a habit of constantly changing my hair every 2 yrs with a cut or a color or both. The last cut was a short cut...oh snaps. as I write this I realize that the reason this blog even started was because a hairdresser cut my hair instead of giving me a trim. Ugh, that was annoying.
twist outs, curling rods

At any rate, I toyed with the idea of asymmetrical cuts and I may have even shared a pic or two on facebook of an idea I had in mind. Mehn, some people straight vetoed it and others asked, well how can you maintain that cut with natural hair and I'm like easy...the way so many of my friends do by wearing it natural or wearing it pressed. whatever tickles my fancy! lol I really just love the versatility of natural hair. I figured while i'm young, let me get the mohawk out of my system. Picture me at 45yrs old with a mohawk? Can't see it? Yea me either. #notwinning

But I rocked my hair out the most of the two weeks prior to me cutting my hair. I did this protective #pinup #naturalweddingstyle for my boyfriend's cousin's wedding. Best road trip with the fam ever, lol! I mean this trip was straight out of a movie...felt like Home Alone 6 except noone was left home alone. U gotta be there to understand.

pompdore, natural hair, wedding hairstyles

natural hair, protective styling

Anyhoo, then I wrapped it for a day. But I enjoyed it out because I had no worries. I thought, why not! Who cares if it gets damaged, which is why I didn't press my hair with any product at all (hairdresser told me not to use any product) I would say it was a bad idea if I intended on keeping the length. In fact, I went back to get it cut shorter in the front and the burns because it was too long, esp after the curls drop...it was touching my nose...i mean seriously. It was my idea to keep the length in the front, but who was I kidding.
natural hair, protective styling


At any rate, I've worn my hair in various styles and I love being able to switch it up and see what I love, see what I won't EVER try again (mushroom cut, LOL) and see what styles I CANNOT do without.

And best of all, I can wash n go again! oh how I missed this! Especially during the summer. Watch how my hair changes and how I apply protective styles as the winter sets in. People with TWAs share the product you use. It's been about 4 yrs since I've had a TWA, so I imagine i can find more useful products to maintain my sweet high/lo mane. Thanks for reading and I hope you were inspired to be true to yourself and wear your hair how YOU want it. You're character doesn't change as your hair does. Be effortless and most importantly Be You! I know I am!

natural hair, TWAs

mohawk, natural mohawk, short hair cut, natural hair, pixie cutmohawk styling, natural hair, natural hair blog


No comments:

Post a Comment