Thursday, August 07, 2014

Blue Roze Beauty Product Review

I created this look with the use of Blue Roze Beauty Products and the results were nice!

short hair cut for black womenhair product review

 These samples were a total of $10.00 (great price!) and then S&H, so less than $20 in all. They can be purcahsed at www.bluerozebeauty.com
 
From the attached pic, you can tell that I was able to slick my edges down and the curls lasted for about 5 days without recurling them. All i did was wear my bonnet at night and in the am, I fluffed the curls and wet a brush and slicked the edges down again.
 
Read on for more details

I'll begin with the order the products were used:
1. Cocoa Coffee Rhassoul Hair Mask - thick and creamy, but smooth. The smell is amazing. Like a cappacino is your hair, but it washes out and leaves a refreshing scent. I shampooed as usual, rinsed my hair thoroughly then applied the mask to my hair and left it on for about 15 minutes. The jar says a minimum of 30 minutes, but I didn't have that much time.
Blue Roze Product, product review
 
2. Coconut Hair Milk - creamy but much lighter than the mask, which is an expectation of a leave-in conditioner. It was applied smoothly through the hair on top and on the sides of my mohawk. Felt silky and smooth and I noticed no built-up which is one of the problems I have with leave-ins (Canu Shea Leave-in, for example leaves white residue on my hair shaft)
 
natural hair care, leave-in conditioner
 
Now, in between this stage, I sprayed my at-home mixture, which is a combination of Vegetable Glycerin, water and a few drops of rosemary oil. I love the way this product allows moisture to be retained in my hair.
 
3. Okra Curling Cream - also has a great smell, a little sticky to touch though. I applied a touch of this product to my hair throughout and then took sections of it and placed in the curling rod to set.
 
natural hair care, blue roze beauty, curling cream for hair, hair products for short hair
 
I did notice puffiness on the ends of some of the curls, but that has nothing to do with the product but rather the way I set the curling rods. (Remember for a looser curl, secure ends tightly, but do not bring curling rod tightly all the way to the scalp - allow a half inch or more between the end of the curler and the root of the hair to prevent tight curls). I really enjoyed my curls, though I wish the curls were not as tiny. I'd like to use bigger curling rods or flexi rods or even a super loose twist out and curl set to create bigger curls. I'll post pics of whatever I do.
 
These products get a thumbs up for me!
 
blogger, fashion, style, skater skirt, canon camera, natural hair, short natural hair cut
 

No comments:

Post a Comment