Thursday, November 13, 2014

Exercise & MaintainTextured MoHawk

Curly Mohawks are convenient and easy to do. This week I had a really heavy 45 minute cardio workout. I was a little concerned about my hair because I was scheduled to head out with coworkers the night after. I came home in time early enough to get my workout on.



But then what? I ended up with a sweaty non-textured busted looking fro. Washing my hair was not an option as I'm trying to space out my wash time. (I started washing my hair 2x's every 10 days since I had a short cut and found my scalp became more dry as a result) I didn't want to do a wash N Go either as it's a little nippy out and walking around with a wet head makes me sick.

Could not get pic turned in the right direction, smh


So I allowed my hair to air dry for the remainder of that evening and right before bed say 3-4hours later, I was able to spritz my hair with my 50/50 leave-in, add some moisturizer followed by some almond oil and then flat twisted my hair in 4 two-strand braids. I've added a comparison pic so you can see my hair after first curling rod set pre workout and curling rod set post workout. You can see that the workout in between didn't change the results of my look.

Right now I'm rocking the now stale curling rod set from two night ago, but it's still cute thanks to Ro for giving me a quick edge up.

Speaking of exercise, I was able to get a really good treadmill workout over the Women's Retreat. that also reminds me that I have not yet given my review of RPC's Women's Retreat 2014. So stay tune for that post tomorrow. I have a lot to share about that experience. Perhaps it'll help you with your decision regarding your attendance at the next Women's Retreat in your area. MuAh & CiAo!
Follow me @lofanturalista on IG and Livlyhood Naturalista on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment