Friday, November 14, 2014

RPC Women's Retreat Review

 

There's a lot to get through in this review, so let me just get through it all. Overall, I score the RPC Women's Retreat this year with an A-


The retereat was held in Lancaster, PA. Our accommodations were at the DoubleTree by Hilton was the bomb. Following this link to learn more about it. My roomies were great as usual again this year, so just the room conversations, the tears shed, the time spent, the memories made in that room alone were greater than they were last year. Our room was pictured as shown below. The bathroom was around the corner and my only compliant about that spot was that the bathroom/closet/powder room raea could have been made larger, but I guess they felt it more important to have room for a couch. *shrug*

 
Overall Thoughts: I was motivated to get there...even the drive there and back was beautiful. I oooh'd and awwe'd on my way there and back home. (I drove during the day) The aumtum leaves and crisp cool air was great.
 
The speakers were really good. Teh testimonies shared were unbelievable...made me want to seek Jesus out more for myself, which I did with Morning Glory and Sis. Laws always knows how to put it in. I ended up missing the final Morning Glory session because my roomies and I were having our own Morning Glory. I was able to make good use of the exercise facilities and that helped to make me feel really good. I completely missed the prayer room, but the highlight for me was all the ladies coming together for the PARTY. WE turned that hotel up with our Decades of Fun Fashion show. I mean just about every lady participated and that was just a blessing in and of itself. I must find mroe pics to post.
 
Missing Pieces: The breakout sessions were okay. One was actually a bit distrubing, but in a good way. Can't really describe it. It's just one of those things you had to experience to know what I'm talking about. But I did enjoy the women's openness about their experiences and issues.
Worst part of the trip: I LOST MY NOTEPAD that had all the juicy notes from a few of the presenters there AND my contact lense case, so that semi-blew my mind. I left it int he meeting room to head to my room to brb and by the time I came back, the room was already being broken down for a wedding. Ah well.
 
All in all, It was truly a blessed time and yes, I will be at RPC's Women's Retreat 2015! MuAh & CiAo!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment