Thursday, November 06, 2014

Natural Mohawk Look Pictorial

Creating the Natural Mohawk look is simple by following these steps:

Final Look!
Night Before:
1. Start with clean and moisturized hair
2. Part your mohawk in half from ear to ear, then create a two-strand twist in the back portion of mohawk tail after splitting
3. Part the top of your mohawk in two sections from the middle ear to ar part to the front of your head and two strand twist all three sections

TWAs, styling mohawks
4. Add curling rods on the ends of each two strand twist, except the two strand braid going to the nape of your neck. (Adding a curling rod here isn't necessary, but feel free to do it if you wish)

5. Cover head with bonnet

Next Day:
1. Untwist two strand braids all over and separate and pull hair across parts to eliminate the uniformed look.


Two-strand braid out
 
2. Use Wen Styling Lotion and Brush to create a smooth and glossy finish to the remainder of your TWA. All your hair need some love too!


Best brush for natural hair
 
kinkyhair mohawk
3. Add two long hair pins to hold hair down on either side of mohawk inserting from the middle side of mohawk towards the front of the head on either side (this is optional)

 
Very simple and easy....of course the longer you leave the two strand braids in, the more definition you get. I try not to over-moisturize my hair because I don't want a wet and soggy look the next day. I'd rather just moisturize my hair as I usually do and then prep hair.

Moisturizing Steps (In case you don't recall) - LCO Method

1. Mist hair with 50/50 Vegetable Glycerin/Water, few drops of rosemary or lavender oil homemade spray

2. Apply Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie throughout hair (I use a quarter size amount through my entire mohawk)

3. Apply avocado, jojoba or almond oil (not all oils) to seal moisture in hair.

Works for me ALL THE TIME and when I use it in my clients hair as well. Cheers to be effortless! Share your hair regimen and other hair tips. I'd love to hear them. MuAh & CiAo!

No comments:

Post a Comment