Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Winter is HERE!

Now that the weather has taken a turn for the cold, I had to do something fast to protect my hair. I've tried crochet braids before, but I had no idea, at the time, the undertaking it would be. I'm not even certain if I posted the results of it, but I will add a pic if I can find one:

I am currently rocking crochet braids with Marley hair. Here are the important facts:

1. Purchase hair that is manageable, soft and can blend as your own hair. I had leftover hair from another pack and then I purchased more hair (approx 2pks. of hair worked well for my size head and the thickness I wanted - if you want more thickness, use more hair)




2. If your hair has a color, be sure to either purchase hair with that color or make the hair crocheted in thick enough to cover those colored pieces

3. Braid Hair with some marley hair (to protect hair strands from knots and pulls while crocheting)

4. Crochet hair in and style!

My hair was styled with curling rods and then dipped in hot water to retain curl. I rocked my crocheted curls for Thanksgiving and work and then decided to comb the hair out (very easy to do!)


Tip: Be sure to hold near the root of the hair to avoid pulling on your own hair in the braid - comb out in sections similarly to how you would comb out your very own natural hair

Once my hair was combed out, I styled it in two Grecian braids. Simple styles are awesome especially when it's a protected style. My home girl...and her hubs  (Teamwork makes the dreamwork!) did my hair. Wash day is coming soon though, so I will have to remove crochet hair so I can wash...what's next? who knows, but stay tuned for me. XOXO MuAh & CiAo!




No comments:

Post a Comment