Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Faux Locs Look




Yassss! Took me a week to get it all done, due to my busy schedule, but I was able to put faux locs in my hair.




Steps to Faux Locs
1. Decide size of locs
2. Purchase Marley Hair/Havana Hair - I used Marley for a real loc look
3. Twist hair with one piece of Marley hair (or more depending on how thick you want your locs)
* I would suggest completing the twists in hair first if you do not have a full day to complete locs
4. Lay about 1-2 inches of hair against the twist and with the remaining strand, wrap the hair around the twist and the hair that is laid against the twist.
5. Continue until you have reached the end of the twist
6. Wrap the piece of Marley hair back up and around the twist and secure the end with nail glue, hair glue or eyelash glue. (either should work)
7. Hold that hair in place until the glue has taken

Things to Note:

A. You want to twist your hair longer than the length of your hair so that you can remove the loc by cutting the end of the loc without having to cut any of your hair

B. Applying the twists took approx 2 hours

C. Each loc took approx 1 minute-2 minutes tops to complete

There are many videos you can use to help you with this method of applying faux locs, but I wanted explain it as some people learn better by reading a process.

You can style your hair as you would regular braids depending on the length you make them. I did not want really long loc and I did not make them too thin. I did want to see how locs would look because I continue to toy with the idea of growing locs of my own. I'll share more on that, but please let me know if you have any questions. I am happy to share! MuAh & CiAo!


No comments:

Post a Comment