Monday, October 29, 2018

Naturalista Travels (Part 2)


We traversed to our next destination. And passed this breathtaking view. In that moment, I remember thinking, I could live here. A simple life, blogging, taking walks, feeding ducks in the lake nearby, just seemed like the most relaxing place on earth. And I could have this for years to come. I did ask hubs if he would live her, to which he relied yes...if it's not too far from the city, where he would have to work.

We arrived at the train station and I looked back and had to take a picture because it reminded me of Chicago a little bit, not so much New York, but I watched as people bustled about it. Purchasing our tickets online was the best decision we could have made. I screenshot the tickets well before our flights so that I could access them should we not have WiFi, which we did not, so "Go Me!" for thinking through that.



We went to this American pub because they take USD, right? WRONG! Lol. The food was good and I was happy that my new-found houseware obsession was there. I must get these black stone plates. They are sooo pretty! From the Viaduc-des-Arts to the Bastille and all the typical sites in this region, I remained enamored by it's beauty and history.











From the chocolate factory where I had my fill of chocolate and the history of it to the La Seine river,  I had myself a ball! In all, this leg of the trip, including the visit to O'Natural was so great. I smiled all the time. I got ALL my steps in as we walked around the city. Very walkable city day/night. It's like a bigger and more popping NYC.

Things I would have done differently on this leg:

* Pack comfortable socks to pair with walking shoes
* Never underestimate the weather change during the Fall/Winter (always wear layers of clothing to include a jacket)
* Always purchase tickets for the bus/train station (This is not NYC folks) mess around and get a 50Euro fine - that's NOT hot!
* Purchase a real camera vs using my iPhone for pictures (my iPhone is also SE version, so not the best for taking pictures, obviously)

No comments:

Post a Comment